Help & Advice > How To Find Eco Friendly Packaging Solutions
As a packaging and business essentials supplier to the eCommerce market, we know that we’re in an extremely influential position to ensure we stock and supply eco-friendly solutions to make a greener future for us all.
We want to help you reduce the impact that your business has on the environment and, as such, have introduced an eco-friendly alternative for every single product in our range which delivers the same, or better, quality solution for your packaging needs.
If you’re ready to cut to the quick and get ordering right away, we’ve listed and explained just a few eco-friendly products below to transform your operation:
Eco-friendly packaging options to look out for:
Use 50% less paper by combining despatch notes and address labels
|Bubble Lined Bags|
The majority of our padded envelopes are recyclable and made from sustainable materials.We’ve even got plastic free and compostable options
Fully recyclable biodegradable, and plastic free – a versatile eco-friendly mailing solution
Sustainably sourced, fully recyclable, biodegradable, plastic free, and reusable – just about as eco-friendly as packaging gets
|Book Wraps & Mailers|
All products are made from cardboard so are fully recyclable, biodegradable, made from sustainable materials, and of course, plastic free
From compostable packing peanuts to a paper based alternative for bubble wrap, you can protect your goods and the planet at the same time
All made from LDPE – a fully recyclable material which can be recycled at some homes, most supermarkets, or recycling banks
Made from sustainably sourced paper which can be recycled along with the paper-based packaging it’s stuck to
|Tapes, Wraps, & Films|
Paper packing tape is plastic free, fully recyclable and biodegradable – breaking down 80 times faster than the plastic equivalent
Tissue paper is an uncoated, colourful packing paper which is made from wood pulp, making it fully recyclable and biodegradable.
All envelopes are fully recyclable, biodegradable, and made from sustainably sourced materials
Turn used or old cardboard into protective packaging treasure with cardboard shredders for a zero-waste wrap and cushion for goods
That’s just a few of the eco-friendly packaging materials available to you. The good news doesn’t stop there either; identifying and finding environmentally friendly solutions couldn’t be easier with us – here’s what to look out for:
Eco Scores For All Products
We’ve given every product we stock an eco score to help you understand just how eco-friendly your packaging choices are. The scores range from 1 to 5, and is based on the following criteria:
- Recyclable – can the product be 100% recycled?
- Biodegradable – will the product biodegrade naturally?
- Sustainably sourced – is the product made from recycled material, sustainably sourced papers, or other sustainable materials?
- Climate Neutral – Is the product carbon and climate neutral?
- Plastic Free – is the product made without plastic?
Eco filters for every category
We’ve added filters to every product category so you can easily browse through our products by any of the following eco-credentials:
- Recyclable – indicates where the product can be recycled as is; either curb-side recycling or recycling banks.
- Biodegradable – indicates where the product is made from materials which completely break down and decompose into natural elements within a short time after disposal. *TIP* Some of our products, such as our polythene mailing bags, are degradable – these are made from materials which require chemicals, or take specific conditions over an extremely long period of time to decompose and won’t disintegrate at landfills. Some companies will try to convince you that degradable is a major ‘green’ selling point, so it’s important to be aware of the major difference between them.
- Climate Neutral – indicates where the product has been manufactured climate neutrally. This refers to activities which do not pollute the air, or if companies achieve a net zero carbon footprint by offsetting carbon releasing activities with carbon saving activities.
- Sustainable Materials – indicates where the product is made from recycled, responsible, or FSC approved sources.
- FSC/PEFC – indicates where the product is made from FSC sources – the FSC seal of approval allows consumers to identify, purchase and use, wood, paper and other forest products produced from well-managed forests and/or recycled materials.
- Recycled – indicates where the product is made from either totally or partially recycled materials.
- Reusable –indicates where the product can be reused by you or by your customer.
- Plastic Free – indicates where a product is made from non-plastic containing materials.
Shop all eco-friendly products
All of our eco-friendly packaging products in one easy to find place. Narrow down your options based on what categories suit your needs, or which credentials work best for you and your environmental promise. Start your eco journey now:
We hope the above advice gives you all the help you need to easily find eco-friendly packaging alternatives and make the eco swap. eCommerce despatch operations are our speciality so if you have any unanswered questions or require further assistance then please get in touch – we’ll be more than happy to help.
How To Reduce Packaging Waste
By Lauren Churcher
Every business has a responsibility to more effectively and successfully manage […]Read More
Reusable Packaging: Our Best Advice For Reducing Your Environmental Impact
By Lauren Churcher
We’ve all known for a long time about the importance […]Read More